Alana's is Hiring
Two years barista experience in a fast paced environment. Must be able to dial in a shot in a manual environment. We pull on a Slayer 3 group.
• Must be able to steam milk and milk alternatives. No excessive foam, no screeching steam wand
• Q-grader not required, but is definitely a positive. After one complete year here you will qualify for our 50% cost coverage for your first Q-grader exam.
• Must be able to lift up to 150 lbs of green coffee to waist level and regularly lift full buckets of coffee weighing 15 to 60 lbs into loader/hoppers.
• Requires the ability to stand and fill bags with beans • Regularly requires bending, squatting, sitting and competent arm and hand motion.
• May require more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Work Environment
• You will work your shift in a mobile mini located on site. Doors can be open, you can listen to music but you must be self directed
• Roast machines have gas burners and hot surfaces. Careful attention to detail is needed to prevent fires. • Green coffee is somewhat dusty.
• The noise level is usually moderate to high from multiple machines in use.
• $38-50k yearly depending on experience**
• Weekly coffee take home allowance (extra during the holiday season to give as gifts)
COVID Policy: We maintain strict COVID practices with all employees required to wear masks throughout the day (most are wearing two as of this posting) and all employees are working at least 6 feet apart at all times. Any employee exhibiting or simply worried about symptoms of COVID is strongly encouraged to get tested immediately before returning to work. We have been closed to the public for walk-in service since April of 2020. If you have any concerns around COVID not addressed here, please feel free to contact us to discuss further. Employee safety is of the highest priority.
Please send resume and cover letter with any and all relevant information as well as sharing one personal story from the last year that helped you grow/evolve to firstname.lastname@example.org Please DO NOT call or drop in.